Research Course “Proposal to Publication”
(12 Study hours)
Upon completion of this module, research trainees will upscale their research skills in following areas.
- Understand how to derive a good research question
- Explain three key components to the research question.
- Review specific characteristics of a good research question.
- Name and describe the F.I.N.E.R. criteria
- Describe several sources from which good research questions arise
- Draft a one-sentence research question and 1/2 page describing the significance of their own research question.
- Define cohort studies
- Distinguish between prospective and retrospective cohorts
- Define cross-sectional studies
- Explain why cross-sectional studies yield weaker evidence for causality than cohort studies
- Define case-control studies and their benefits and problems
Randomized Clinical Blinded Trials
- Define randomized blinded trials
- Demonstrate how to choose the intervention and control conditions
- How to define outcomes and adverse effects
- Elaborate how to select participants
- Describe how to measure baseline and outcome variables
- Evaluate approaches to randomizing and blinding.
Date: 03-10-20 Time: 11am GMT
Topic: How to construct and Present a Research Question?
Speaker: Dr.Atta ur Rehman Madni – Ph.D,
Research Certified, University of California San Francisco (UCSF) USA.
Date: 10-10-20 Time: 11am GMT
Topic: How to pick the right study designs and methods?
Speaker: Dr.Atta ur Rehman Madni- Ph.D, Research Certified, UCSF USA.
Date: 17-10-20 Time: 11am GMT
Topic: How to write a research proposal for grant?
Speaker: Dr.Sherin Ismail,Pharm D,Associate Researcher with Harvard Medical school, USA.
Date: 24-10-20 Time: 11am GMT
Topic: Randomized Clinical Trials: Nuts and Bolts,
Speaker: Dr.Daren Heyland, ASPEN Researcher, Director CERU Kingston University CANADA