Continuous Professional Education (CPE) is mandatory for every dietetic student and entry level professional to work safely and maintain best clinical practice during continuum of care. Hence there is always a need for such a program for Dietetic students & professionals. The prevalence of Hospital Malnutrition is on increase worldwide. It’s a huge challenge for healthcare providers as it results in negative outcome in patients with malnutrition. The early identification and treatment of malnutrition is mandatory for better treatment outcomes. Therefore, healthcare providers need to be updated on the subject of hospital malnutrition.
Credit Hours: 10 Credit Hours
Course Director: Dr Atta Ur Rehman Khan, PhD, RD Saudi Arabia
- Ainsley M. Malone, MS, RDN, LD, CNSC, FAND, FASPEN
- Dr Atta UR Rehman Khan, PhD
- Asmah Sajid, RD UK
What Will You Learn?
- What is Hospital Malnutrition?
- What are the causes of Hospital Malnutrition.
- Global Prevalence of Hospital Malnutrition
- Adverse consequences of Hospital Malnutrition for Health and Political Sector
- How to assess Hospital Malnutrition?
- Role of Hospital administrators, Physicians, Dietitians and Nurses in fighting Hospital Malnutrition
- Role of UN and related organizations such as FAO, UNICEF, SUN, WFP
Hospital Malnutrition Final Quiz